A   A   A   A

Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forums

New website features

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forum Index -> Site Announcements and Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis Wilkinson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:00 am 
Post subject: New website features

I've just finished uploading a set of new web site features. Here's a quick summary of what's been added:

- re-"skinned" the sidebars on the main page to make them look better, and added sidebars to other pages with additional relevant links or information

- set things up so the most recent posts in the "Site Announcements and Information" forum will appear on the main page

- you can now log in from the main page. If you choose the "remember me" option, the main page will let you know whether or not you have new private messages or if there have been new posts since your last visit.

- added a browseable calendar. Any Alumni Association events occuring in the next 45 days will show up in the main page sidebar.

- there is now a web site search, accessible from the main page. This is a free service provided to non-profits by the fine folks over at Google. Since this information is maintained by Google, it may occasionally be slightly out of date. You can still search the forums using the search button located on the forum index page.

- added an archive of our press releases.

- added information about our first big event, the 2005 Winter Gathering and Memorabilia Exposition.

- finally, I've added the ability to pick from 4 different base font sizes for the main body text of our web pages. Look in the page header (the part with the green background) in the lower right corner -- you'll see the letter "A", four times but in different sizes. Click one, and your fonts should resize. If your web browser allows cookies, this setting will be remembered from visit to visit. Note that this has no impact on the forums or on text in the sidebars at this time.

If something doesn't look like it's rendering correctly in your browser try a force reload or empty your cache. I've seen at least one case where the forum display goes wonky because the browser kept some old definitions around that it shouldn't have.

That's all for now. If you have any questions or comments, or see any problems, feel free to drop me a private message or an email.

Enjoy!

"Everything that passes unattempted is impossible." - Stephen R. Donaldson
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forum Index -> Site Announcements and Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: