Our Project Fund
The Association has established our Project Fund to allow us to make capital improvements at Cachalot, and to allow us to assist with year-round and summer camp program needs out at camp. All contributed funds are spent exclusively on projects and materials at Cachalot.
Past projects that have been completed, in whole or in part, with Contributions from the Project Fund include:
- The Wall of Fame
- The purchase of new bunks and mattresses for use during summer camp
- The purchase of supplies for the Waterfront area of summer camp
- Materials to help repaint a number of buildings at Cachalot
- Seven new kayaks with paddles and PFDs for the Aquatics program (thanks in large part to a donation from the Sylvia family in memory of Cachalot alum Jeffrey Sylvia)
- Four paddleboards and PFDs for the Aquatics program
For 2015–2016, we are endeavoring to raise money for the Project Fund, with the goal of purchasing five new tents (to match a council purchase of five tents) to help replenish the aging inventory at camp. A good tent is one of the components of a good night’s sleep at camp, so even though we usually prefer to spend project dollars on program materials, we think this is a worthy use of our project money for the year.
Individuals making donations to our project fund in excess of $100 can also receive a limited-edition print of the Cachalot waterfront circa 1994, with the old Andrew Jackson waterfront tower, as a thank-you, while our supplies of the print last.
If you would like to contribute, please follow the link below. Contributions are fully tax-deductible, and should be made to "Narragansett Council BSA" with a memo of "Cachalot Alumni Project Fund". If you have other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All content copyright ©2004- by the Camp Cachalot Alumni Association, except where otherwise noted.
This page was last modified on Mon Jun 13th 2016.
Site look odd? Your browser may not be up to date. See the note on the main page.