A   A   A   A

Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forums

Daylight Savings Time

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forum Index -> Site Announcements and Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis Wilkinson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:53 pm 
Post subject: Daylight Savings Time

Unfortunately, the software we use for our forums doesn't really understand daylight savings time (with or without the recent changes in the US.)

Since DST kicked in over the weekend, I manually updated the database to shift everyone ahead one hour, unless I know you're outside the US. I know we have people from lots of places, so if it happens that you're not affected by DST, you can change this by going to edit your profile (link at the top of the page) and change the time zone there. For example, for the Eastern Time Zone, Eastern Daylight Time is GMT-4:00, and Eastern Standard Time is GMT-5:00.

Note that it isn't really a big deal for most people if this is set incorrectly, you'll just see odd times on some of the forum posts.

I'm told a fix for this is coming, but I have no idea when that may be.

"Everything that passes unattempted is impossible." - Stephen R. Donaldson
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forum Index -> Site Announcements and Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: