A   A   A   A

Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forums

Need some blanks filled in on new Camp Staff photos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forum Index -> People Finder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis Wilkinson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:53 pm 
Post subject: Re: 1986

jdk042900 wrote:
For 86 I worked in the Kitchen the last two weeks, I was never actually a CIT. If I remember correctly I replaced someone who was either fired or had too leave. My dad might remember.

Ah, yes... Dave Rosseter had a buddy (who, if I remember correctly wasn't a Scout) who got hired on kitchen staff and didn't make it all the way through the summer. I've got a vague memory of him doing something impossibly stupid, like playing catch with the kitchen knives. Blond kid, don't remember his name.

Photos are updated, too.

"Everything that passes unattempted is impossible." - Stephen R. Donaldson
Tom Whelan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:05 pm 
Post subject: Welcome aboard

Hi Jay, Glad that you came to the site and posted. Glad to see more 'faces' of the 80's get involved. I was on Nature Staff in '86 (actually I think I was Nature Director or was that in '87).

My first year as a Camper was 1980, then in 1984 I was a CIT, in 1985 I worked as Nature Staff, then in 1986, 1987, and 1988 I was Nature Director (if memory serves). I took 1989 (Interned in an office in Boston) and 1990 (I was in Europe) off from Camp, then in 1991 I returned as Waterfront Director. I think I have those dates right?!?
Tom Whelan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:17 pm 
Post subject: Correction to my post...

I took 1988 off to do my internship in Boston, then I was back as Aquatics staff in 1989, then I took 1990 off to play around in Europe and in 1991 I returned as Waterfront Director.

Thanks to the photo album for jogging my memory.
dbernard
New User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:21 pm 
Post subject: camp pictures

This is Dave Bernard, I just registered and saw the posting. In 90 I was in the trading post and 91 I was in scoutcraft. This site is very nice, alot of memorable photos.. Hi to all especially T-46
Dennis Wilkinson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:32 pm 
Post subject: Re: camp pictures

dbernard wrote:
This is Dave Bernard, I just registered and saw the posting. In 90 I was in the trading post and 91 I was in scoutcraft. This site is very nice, alot of memorable photos.. Hi to all especially T-46

Hey, Dave! Glad you found the site.

I'm guessing you meant '91 and '92 (at least, those are the pictures you're in.) I'll get them updated next chance I get.

KT
Tenderfoot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:05 pm 
Post subject: 1990 staf pic

bottom right is Colin Everett. He was a CIT if I remember correctly.
KT
Tenderfoot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:45 pm 
Post subject: 1992 staff pic

Robbie Roderigues - Kitchen
Kevin Thompson - Kitchen
Craig Choquette - Kitchen
Shawn Mooney - Kitchen

Bottom right - Scott Cully
D. Rosseter
New User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:53 pm 

Dennis Wilkinson wrote:

Ah, yes... Dave Rosseter had a buddy (who, if I remember correctly wasn't a Scout) who got hired on kitchen staff and didn't make it all the way through the summer. I've got a vague memory of him doing something impossibly stupid, like playing catch with the kitchen knives. Blond kid, don't remember his name.

Photos are updated, too.

Mike Harvey - Though I also forget the reason he left, playing catch with knives isn't beyond the impossible... I haven't seen him for years...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dennis Wilkinson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:38 pm 

D. Rosseter wrote:
Mike Harvey - Though I also forget the reason he left, playing catch with knives isn't beyond the impossible... I haven't seen him for years...

Speaking of "haven't seen him for years"... been a long time, Dave! How've you been?

D. Rosseter
New User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:51 pm 

Dennis Wilkinson wrote:
D. Rosseter wrote:

Speaking of "haven't seen him for years"... been a long time, Dave! How've you been?

Well, I would need more than a few posts to answer that question fully - The shortest answer possible is 'it's been a long, strange 20+ years.'

Slightly more detailed answer, since I have seen you last..
Code:

Finished High School.
Co-wrote a children's musical, primarily the score to it.
Went to college.
Spent a semester in London, studying theatre & arts.
Ran out of money,
Worked at Kmart in Fall River
Became an extra in a few films.
Got married.
Managed a Cumberland Farms in Swansea.
Worked For AT&T.
Bought a house in New Bedford.
Started a small webhosting/design business.
Became a precious metals inspector.
Became an entry level carpenter, casing doorframes.
Joined USPS, as a letter carrier.

And between getting married and the mail job, I managed to have three kids. Hobbies: Geocache occasionally, much more occasionally now with kids and crazy work hours between the missus & I, though I do maintain one. ( http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ce8cdc21-1b48-42ba-8db9-8ef5dfc764d9 ) The other main hobby is old game emulation. I'm one of those crazy people who rebuilt an arcade machine solely for playing old games.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dennis Wilkinson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:14 pm 
Post subject:

Sounds like you've been busy, and certainly sounds like it's been an interesting time. I had actually heard about your stint as a movie extra (Tom Bednarz had brought a copy of some small-run Fall River-area newspaper that had done a story about you having been in Last Action Hero(?) as an extra.)

Since you're still in the area, you should try swinging by one of our events if you have the time. You in particular would see a lot of familiar faces.

xavier72
New User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:44 pm 
Post subject: in response to staff member names from 1986

I can remember most of the people on the picture. I'm not sure who you are still trying to figure out as I am accessing this on my mobile phone and can't seem to do the whole scrolling over the face to get the name. I can certainly point out on the row 2nd from the top, 2nd from the far right next to Pete is my brother Chris Murray. My father Bill Murray Jr.,is in the bottom row far left, and my ex stepmother is the only older woman in the picture other than Barbara the chef. Her name was Jeanne Murray.any others you need help with, id be happy to try.
xavier72
New User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:55 pm 
Post subject: response to 1986 staff photo

I have figured out how to get my phone to post the names with the pictures. I see you already had some of the names I posted. The first name was Jeanne for the archery director. The name I did find wrong happened to be mine.lol. You seem to have me under the name Mike Donovan,C.I.T. My name is Bill Murray III, and I was a staff member. Any other help you need, just ask.
Dennis Wilkinson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:26 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the update, Bill, and sorry for the mix-up. I've corrected the photo. You wouldn't happen to remember what your position was on staff in '86, would you? I remember you being at camp, of course, but I can only remember about half of the roles that people had. My vague (and possibly faulty) recollection was that your brother was older, and he's wearing the hat of a second year CIT in this shot, and the hat you're wearing isn't a staff hat or a CIT hat, given the lack of patch. I would have guessed you were a first-year CIT in '86 (first-year CITs were generally 14 years old, second-years 15 years old.)

I'm not sure where the name Mike Donovan would have come from (I don't remember that name myself, so it might have come in via email from someone else in the shot.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forum Index -> People Finder All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: