A   A   A   A

Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forums

Notice anything different?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forum Index -> Site Announcements and Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis Wilkinson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:17 am 
Post subject: Notice anything different?

Just a few minutes ago, I "flipped the switch" and turned on some new features on our web site. The most noticable change is that big row of tabs at the top of each page, which should help make poking around the site a bit easier. I've also tweaked the fonts the web site uses. I find them easier to read; hopefully, you will, too.

Please have a look around and see what's new. You might want to start by clicking on that "Museum" tab: one of the first updates is our Brief History of Cachalot, something that I've been working on since we started the Alumni Association and which made its first public appearance at Homecoming 2006. Nearly all of the information in this history comes from actual, written documents culled from our member's collections, from the Council's archives, newspaper articles, or in some cases from interviews or discussions with our older members (corroborated with other older members.) Special thanks go to Larry Harney, Vic Sylvia, and Ed Tavares for letting us have access to their personal documents.

Over the course of the next week or so, I plan on expanding our image gallery with several batches of pictures (just a smattering of what we've been able to scan so far), and expanding the museum to include the history articles we've been publishing in The Cachaletter.

This was a big change to the site, and although I tested it pretty thoroughly, it's entirely possible that I missed something. If you notice any broken links, or "weird" renderings of any pages, try reloading the page in your browser first (sometimes they hold on to copies of things longer than they should.) If that doesn't clear up whatever you're seeing, please let me know. If you like what you see, I don't mind hearing that, either. Wink

"Everything that passes unattempted is impossible." - Stephen R. Donaldson

Last edited by Dennis Wilkinson on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Dennis Wilkinson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:38 am 
Post subject: Another round of updates tonight

Mostly a few additions to the Museum, but I also added "zoomable" thumbnails to the image gallery.

There's still more to come over the next few weeks!

"Everything that passes unattempted is impossible." - Stephen R. Donaldson
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forum Index -> Site Announcements and Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: