A   A   A   A

Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forums

How did the event on Oct 1 go...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forum Index -> Crackerbarrel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave G
Senior Alumnus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:58 pm 
Post subject: How did the event on Oct 1 go...

Since I had tickets for Pearl Jam on the Fri and Sat of that weekend I could go.... So how did it go from someone who was there....
Dennis Wilkinson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:13 pm 
Post subject:

You're talking about the black-tie-optional Council fundraiser at Fort Taber, right?

I can't speak to how the Council made out financially, but the event looked very well attended, and I know that my wife & I had a good time. The turnout was very good, and the talk that night was that they actually beat their (fairly ambitious) fundraising goals by at least a little bit. The crowd was quite a bit different than what you might normally see at a Council fundraiser, too, which means that hopefully there are some new people exposed to the program.

The Alumni Association was well-represented -- since our chairman (that's Tom Whelan this year, by the way) sprung for a table, the Association even got its logo and web address in the program for the evening. There was a healthy supply of our "promo" brochure at the event, although I'm not sure how many got handed out.

Bill Whelan and Luis Lopes did a great job pulling this one together.

"Everything that passes unattempted is impossible." - Stephen R. Donaldson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forum Index -> Crackerbarrel All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: