A   A   A   A

Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forums

Skits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forum Index -> Crackerbarrel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Ashworth
Alumnus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:16 pm 
Post subject: Skits

Under a song thread people have discussed some skits. What was your favorite? The campers and the motorcycle gang, the spaghetti farmer, the seldom done "Would't I?", Maha, or the horses are coming. Let us know. What are some of the older or newer skits?
Tom Whelan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:47 pm 
Post subject: The Horses are Ready

A skit that ranks in the top ten in my mind is "The Horses Are Ready" as done by "The Larry Bunch" as they were at one time affectionately known.

When Russell Monast, Jon Briggs, Chico DeGrace, and Joe Leandre were together on the stage it was like watching the Three Stooges (in this case Curly and Shemp were there together to make it the 4 Stooges, I don't like to think about Curly Joe).

This was one of those groups that gave you the feeling that they would have been on stage performing with or without an audience. They are also the reason that I couldn't wait to become a Staff member at Cachalot.
Dave G
Senior Alumnus

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:17 pm 
Post subject:

Not to toot my own horn but one of my fav skits was the Buggs Bunny skit tha Vince and I used to do. I have never seen Dave Roberts laugh at any skit until the first time we brought out that skit.
Of course the Hawkeye skit with Frank as the little girl and John Wooley as Hawkeye. " I'm the director of a highly mediocre skit..." Very Happy
Dennis Wilkinson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:21 pm 
Post subject:

Dave G wrote:
Of course the Hawkeye skit with Frank as the little girl and John Wooley as Hawkeye. " I'm the director of a highly mediocre skit..." Very Happy

Well, I guess that's a generational thing. No offense to John (who spent a summer as my Scoutcraft "CITIT"), but Tom Bednarz will forever be Hawkeye the Detective.

I personally had a lot of fun ripping off.... er, paying homage to... Monty Python's "Dead Parrot" sketch, not to mention the "Bridge of Death" scene from Holy Grail. I think part of it was just being surprised at how well it went off at a campfire. You can get a lot of laughs slamming a parrot doll into a log...

When I was a first-year camper, I remember thinking that "Gor" was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. Then again, I was 10. Very Happy

"Everything that passes unattempted is impossible." - Stephen R. Donaldson
jwoolley
Alumnus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:07 pm 
Post subject:

I give credit to Hawkeye to Tom.. he was the original Smile. My favorite one I was ever involved in was "Little Bunny Fufu" with Aaron G. as the fairy, Kaufman as the "little field mouse" and me being the bunny. More then once I really connected when pretending to beat up the field mouse.. sorry about that Smile

John
Dave G
Senior Alumnus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:32 pm 
Post subject:

Quote:
"Little Bunny Fufu" with Aaron G. as the fairy, Kaufman as the "little field mouse" and me being the bunny

LOL I have to admit my younger brother was very funny in that skit. Very Happy

Frank as the little girl in Hawkeye was funny also. John W. got so dirty when doing hawkeye he came equiped with a whole change of clothes. Also could only do the skit on a friday so you could wash your staff shirt when ya went home....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Camp Cachalot Alumni Association Forum Index -> Crackerbarrel All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: